Hadoum, Fatema, Sheima and Sokayna are four teenagers from El Puche, a marginalised suburb in the Spanish city of Almería. Proud of their Moroccan and Spanish roots, the girls help each other navigate life’s challenges in their underprivileged neighbourhood and underfunded schools. Full of dreams and hope, their self-confidence is put to the test during Fatima’s 18th birthday in this compelling short narrative about identity, expectation, and free will.
About the Directors
Ian de la Rosa graduated with a degree in film direction from the Catalonia Film School and received one of the Cannes Cinéfondation Awards for his final degree project ‘Victor XX’. His first short film as a producer, ‘Porque la sal’, premiered at Visions du Réel. In 2019, the filming of the hybrid short film ‘Farrucas’ began, and in 2020, with the help of the Institute of Cinematography and Audiovisual Arts, de la Rosa completed the project. He is currently working on the script for his first feature film, ‘Aceituna’.
- Ian de la Rosa
- Ian de la Rosa, Jana Díaz Juhl
- Carlotta Schiavon, Inés Massa, Jana Díaz Juhl, Pau Brunet
- Executive Producer
- Carlotta Schiavon, Inés Massa, Cristina Moreno Cuesta, Claudio Baccigalupo, Guadalupe Arensburg Caellas
- Gina Ferrer
- Marc Esteve Escrihuela
- Production Company
- Vayolet Films, Primo, Amplitud
- Curro Burguillo
- Marvin&Wayne Short Films
- Hadoum Benghnidira Nieto, Fatema Benalghani Bousrij, Sheima El Haddad Bousrij, Sokayna El Assri