While out hunting, Bahoz hears a woman’s screams and goes to investigate. Young Nisrien has been physically abused, and Bahoz does what he can to comfort her. Events take an even more disturbing turn when it becomes clear that Nisrien’s father is not perturbed by the violation itself, but by the shame it brings on his family. With a clever twist, the film makes us acutely aware of the lengths people sometimes go to in order to satisfy harsh social expectations.
About the Directors
Sahim Omar Kalifa was born in 1980 in Iraqi Kurdistan. He went to Belgium in 2001, where he studied filmmaking. His graduation short film ‘Nan’ was named Best Flemish Student Film at the Leuven International Film Festival. ‘Land of the Heroes’ (2011) was honoured as Best Short Film at the Berlin International Film Festival. 'Baghdad Messi' (2012) received significant attention worldwide. He is currently working on ‘Zagros’, his first feature-length film.
- Sahim Omar Kalifa
- Sahim Omar Kalifa, Jean-Claude van Rijckeghem
- Dries Phlypo, Jean-Claude van Rijckeghem, Sahim Omar Kalifa
- Joren Desmidt, Alain Dessauvage
- Johan Hoogewijs
- Kamiran Betasi
- Production Company
- A Private View, Gonella Productions
- Taher Abdullah, Virsin Jar, Naima Abdo, Sakvan Ali, Mehdi Munir, Farhad Hassan