Comic-Con Episode IV: A Fan's Hope (Comic-Con Episode IV: A Fan's Hope)
Contemporary World Cinema - Doha Tribecca Film Festival 2011
A documentary exploring the dreams of fans making the annual pilgrimage to Comic-Con – a San Diego convention which began as a fringe comic book meet in 1970 and is now the pop culture event of the year. As we follow aspiring punters we also meet the people who turned their passions into professions including Stan Lee, Joss Whedon, Frank Miller and Matt Groening.
About the Director
Born in West Virginia, USA, Morgan Spurlock studied film at New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts. His Academy Award®-nominated debut “Super Size Me” received worldwide critical and commercial success. His other documentary features are “Where in the World Is Osama Bin Laden?”, “Freakonomics”, “The Greatest Movie Ever Sold” and “Comic-Con Episode IV:
A Fan’s Hope”.
- Morgan Spurlock
- Jeremy Chilnick, Morgan Spurlock
- Jeremy Chilnick, Matthew Galkin, Morgan Spurlock, Thomas Tull
- Tim K Smith, Tova Goodman
- Executive Producer
- Gil Champion, Harry Knowles, Stan Lee, Jack Selby, Benjamin Statler, Joss Whedon
- Jingle Punks
- Daniel Marracino
- Holly Conrad, Chuck Rozanski, James Darling, Se Young Kang, Skip Harvey, Eric Henson