Doha Film Institute’s film funding initiatives offer creative and financial support to filmmakers based in Qatar and around the world, helping them to unlock their artistry, manage their productions effectively and make high-quality films.
The Institute supports emerging voices from Qatar and around the world, and provides them with creative and financial assistance so they can translate their stories into viable film projects. It is our hope to discover quality film projects that have regional relevance, and that contribute to a diverse slate of engaging films. Financial support is made available in two ways:
1. The Doha Film Institute Grants Programme, which provides development, production and post-production funding to filmmakers from Qatar, and first- and second-time filmmakers from around the world. The Grants Programme:
• Seeks out original voices in film
• Develops a community of filmmakers among its alumni
• Encourages cross-pollination and creative interaction among artists
• Offers creative development support throughout the life cycle of films
2. Doha Film Institute Co-Financing, which invests in film production through strategic partnerships with film projects that:
• Are culturally relevant and commercially viable
• Encourage co-production opportunities between international and Qatar-based filmmakers
• Provide training and internship opportunities at all stages of production for Qatari filmmakers
• Strengthen the industry of the Gulf region by providing opportunities for development and collaboration
Doha Film Institute’s focus on the growth and evolution of Qatar’s film community includes providing creative and logistical support for, and financial contributions to, work by filmmakers from Qatar. Filmmakers with projects at any stage of evolution are invited to contact the Institute year-round to discuss exhibition opportunities, grants, co-financing possibilities, internships with international productions, and our creative development seminars and mentorship initiatives.