Welcome Cosplayers of 2020!
To enter our competition, please send an email with all of the information and files requested below to email@example.com
You will also need to send these files:
- Full shot photo
- Mid shot photo
- Headshot photo
- Maximum length: 30 seconds
*Photo and video editing software should not be used
*If the attached files are larger than the allowed size, participant can send links using storage sites such as Google Drive, WeShare, Dropbox, etc.
Rules and regulations:
By signing this form to participate in the cosplay Competition, you confirm that you have read and agreed on following all the rules and regulations in the event that you will participate in:
- Who can take part?
Anyone who will be in (Doha, Qatar) is eligible to apply and participate in the Competition.
Doha Film Institute staff members (and their families) are also eligible to enter the Competition, subject to fulfilment of regular work commitments.
- Submission Deadline?
The deadline for receiving applications is 20th of November 2020 and all applications must be received before the end of that day.
- Are there any rules relating to the type of Costume I can make?
Yes, please see the guidelines below.
- The Ajyal Film Festival 2020 is a family-friendly event (PG-13).
- Please respect the local culture.
- Offensive language of any kind is not allowed – no racial or sexual epithets; no profanity, etc.
- No excessive violence.
- No sexual activity or contact – real or implied.
- No nudity – ALL costumes must adhere to the official Ajyal Film Festival 2019 rules and regulations.
- Be clever, not crass! If you think your costume or presentation might be too risqué or offensive, it probably is.
Terms and Conditions
- You hereby consent to and grant DFI the irrevocable right and an irrevocable worldwide royalty-free license to use your name, entry submission and other relevant materials (including your video) provided for advertising and promotional purposes without payment of any kind.
- You hereby undertake and warrant that (i) you have all necessary clearances, consents and permissions from individuals (if any) captured in your video; and (ii) you own the copyright in the video you submit, and the video is your own new and original work and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of third parties. You further warrant that you have the full right and authority to grant the license to DFI as set out below.
- The copyright in your video will remain with you. You hereby grant DFI, on a free of charge (royalty-free) basis, a non-exclusive, worldwide sub-licensable license to use, copy, encode, archive, modify (including the right to modify the format), adapt, create derivative works, reproduce, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display and transmit in public places including (without limitation) on the Ajyal Youth Film Festival Instagram account (operated by DFI), display and transmit in any media including but not limited to print, TV and the Internet, combine with other content, and to disclose the video to relevant third parties on an as required basis. Where the entry is submitted by more than one person, each party, jointly and severally grant the license contained herein.
- You hereby agree to indemnify DFI, our subsidiaries, affiliates and related entities, and their respective directors, officers, agents or employees and any other third parties involved in the competition and hold each of them harmless against all actions, claims, costs, damages or expenses which may be brought against, made against or incurred by any of them as a result of or in any way connected with any (i) breach of these terms and conditions by you; (ii) breach, infringement or unauthorized use of a third party’s intellectual property rights by you; (iii) injury to or loss of property of any person caused by you; (iv) your illegal, fraudulent, reckless or negligent acts; and (v) any breach of warranty, promise or representation made by you.
- You are not permitted to use the name, logos, branding, images or any other intellectual property of DFI’s, our parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates and related entities without DFI’s express prior written consent, which may be withheld in DFI’s sole discretion. You acknowledge that your participation in the competition does not give rise to any right or entitlement to any intellectual property owned by DFI.
- Governing Law. The competition and these terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of the State of Qatar. You to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Qatar in the case of any dispute concerning your participation in the competition and/or arising out of these Terms and Conditions.
By participating in the Competition, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the terms and conditions of the Cosplay Competition and that you have obtained your parent’s permission to take part in case you are below 18.