Katara Doha Film Institute Cinema: Ticket Information.
- Ticket Prices
- Discounted Admission and Group Rates
- Ticket Outlet Locations and Timings
- Culture Pass by Qatar Museums
- Important Information
- Online Orders
- Ticket Policies and Venue Procedures
Tickets to the film screenings:
Regular: QAR 35
Student and Culture Pass by Qatar Museums discount*: QAR 25
Sports Day Screening
Ticket Price: Free of charge, but a ticket is required for admission.
*Students and Culture Pass holders must present a valid student ID or Culture Pass at time of purchase. There is a maximum of two (2) discounted regular screening tickets per screening, per student or Pass holder. Student discount and Culture Pass tickets are only available for purchases in person at the DFI ticket outlet.
Discounted Admission and Group Rates
- Discounted admission is NOT available on online purchases. Discounts are offered exclusively in person at ticket outlet locations. If you qualify for a discount, you must present valid student ID when you purchase the tickets. There is maximum of two (2) discounted tickets per person and tickets purchased online at full price will NOT be accredited the refund retroactively in person.
- All Katara, QMA, and DFI employees are also entitled to the above outlined discounted rate.
- In addition, two Group Discounts are available for the Katara DFI Cinema:
1. All pre-arranged groups of 10 people or more can also qualify for the discounted rate of QR 25 per ticket.
2. For pre-arranged groups of students, for every 10 student tickets, 1 ticket for a teacher or additional student can be provided free of charge.
- In order to qualify for the Group Discount, tickets must be purchased in advance – please contact us here to place an order.
- In your email please provide us with your contact information (email and daytime phone number), which of the group rates you would like to take advantage of, and specify for which screening you would like to bring the group.
Ticket Outlet Locations and Timings
Katara Drama Theatre (Building 16)
Drama Theatre Entrance
Tuesday: 2:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Tickets are available for purchase online 24 hours a day.
Culture Pass by Qatar Museums
We are pleased to welcome the Culture Pass by Qatar Museums as a strategic partner of the Doha Film Institute. Culture Pass by Qatar Museums holders will receive a QR 10 discount on all regularly prices (QR 35) screenings and events when they present their Culture Pass by Qatar Museums at any DFI ticket outlet location.
- Limit of two (2) discounted tickets per screening per pass
- Discounted tickets must be purchased in person
- Culture Pass by Qatar Museums card or confirmation email stating pass number must be presented at time of purchase
- Culture Pass by Qatar Museums discount cannot be applied to tickets purchased online at full price
- Culture Pass by Qatar Museums does not grant priority in line, nor access to special screenings or Gala Events, unless otherwise noted
- All tickets subject to availability
The Culture Pass by Qatar Museums is only available through Qatar Museums. Please visit qm.org.qa/en/culturepass for more details.
- No children under the age of 8 will be admitted. Children 8 to 12 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- Customers may purchase a maximum of six (6) tickets per screening per online ticket order.
- Seating is general admission seating. All screenings require a ticket to attend. All tickets must be booked through Online Ticketing or a DFI Ticket Outlet.
- To guarantee admission, all ticket holders MUST be present in line at the venue at least 30 minutes prior to the scheduled start time.
- If the screening is listed as SOLD OUT it is no longer available. Please check back on the website for additional ticket releases (not guaranteed).
- Same-day ticket sales will be available at ticket outlets based on ticket availability.
- Any and all audio or video recording and/or photography is strictly prohibited at all events.
NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES. NO REPRINTS.
- Online ticket purchases can only be completed with MasterCard or Visa cards, however we accept American Express at all our ticket outlets.
- WILL CALL: Tickets purchased online are available for pickup at all DFI Ticket Outlets (Katara, Building 16) during the above listed regular ticket outlet operating hours.
- During the screening, Will Call will be available from the ticket outlet located at the screening location. If you are claiming online or reserved tickets on the day of the screening, please allow at least 30 minutes before your event to pick up your tickets. To avoid long queues and wait time, please pick up your tickets before the day of the event.
- Purchaser must present order confirmation code and the credit card used for purchase to claim order. All sales are final. No refunds, no exchanges.
Online Ticketing How To
- Go to our login page, and then register and activate your Online Ticketing account.
- Login with your email and password here.
- Visit our events calendar to locate the films and events you would like to attend.
- The screening is general admission seating, select the number of seats you want and add to cart
- Proceed to checkout
- Print your confirmation PDF and collect tickets at any DFI Ticket Outlet during the above listed opening hours.
Do not forget your confirmation page and your ID!
- If you have any issues with the online ticketing process, please contact us at this email and we will help you with the process.
Ticket Policies and Venue Procedures
Review our ticket policies and venues procedures here for the best experience.