- Playing in: Bader Short Film Programme I
Thu, Dec 3, 08:30 PM, Katara Building 12, Theatre A (K12-A)Free screening
While out hunting, Bahoz hears a woman’s screams and goes to investigate. Young Nisrien has been physically abused, and Bahoz does what he can to comfort her. Events take an even more disturbing turn when it becomes clear that Nisrien’s father is not perturbed by the violation itself, but by the shame it brings on his family. With a clever twist, the film makes us acutely aware of the lengths people sometimes go to in order to satisfy harsh social expectations.
About the Directors
Sahim Omar Kalifa, was raised in Iraqi Kurdistan, and moved to Belgium in 2001. With the success of his graduation short film ‘Nan’ 2008, he was able to make his first professional short film, ‘Land of the Heroes’ (2011). ‘Baghdad Messi’ has received significant attention worldwide.
- Sahim Omar Kalifa
- Sahim Omar Kalifa, Jean-Claude van Rijckeghem
- Dries Phlypo, Jean-Claude van Rijckeghem, Sahim Omar Kalifa
- Joren Desmidt, Alain Dessauvage
- Johan Hoogewijs
- Kamiran Betasi
- Production Company
- A Private View, Gonella Productions
- Taher Abdullah, Virsin Jar, Naima Abdo, Sakvan Ali, Mehdi Munir, Farhad Hassan