Acting & Improvisation 2
- Start date:
- Jul 18, 2010
- 4 days
- Ability Level:
- Open to all ages and abilities
- DFI is a non-profit organization. To help us cover the basic costs of holding the workshop, there is a suggested contribution, at the participant's discretion, of 250 QAR, for the 5-day class
Renowned Palestinian acting mentor Hisham Suleiman (“AJAMI”) will guide you on an exciting and energetic workshop that introduces participants to the fundamentals of acting.
Instructor Hisham Suleiman began by helping the participants build a baseline of confidence and trust in each other. Then they practiced exercises in improvisation, including one in which Suleiman asked them to convince a chair to move without touching it. Suleiman also encouraged budding actors to express authentic, rather than faked, emotions, and to develop the ability to switch rapidly from one feeling to another — to scream for joy in one moment and cry in the next.
When Suleiman isn’t lending his talents to DFI workshops, he works as the artistic director for the Fringe Ensemble of Nazareth.
This workshop is split into 3 different options that will take place on the following dates:
- Ladies only: July 11 – 15 | 6.00pm – 10.00pm | MIA
- Men only: July 11 – 15 | 6.00pm – 10.00pm | Cultural Village
- Mixed: July 18 – 22 | 6.00pm – 10.00pm | MIA